Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Gifts from a Big Red Bat

Last week I had a lovely surprise arrive in the mail - goodies from none other than Simon Miller, the Bigredbat himself.

For those of you who may not know, Simon has recently released an innovative set of Ancient/Medieval rules called To the Strongest!  The rules use multiple decks of playing cards, but Simon has organised some custom chits to use in their stead, and very kindly sent a set my way.

The photo below shows the missile markers on the left, court card chits in the centre, and pip card chits on the right. The light in the photo does not do them justice, I'm afraid; seen with the naked eye they look very fine indeed.



These are of course custom made for To the Strongest! but I already see ways that they can be used with other games as well.

Many thanks, Simon!

But as generous as this gift was, Simon did not stop there. He also included a whack of 15mm figures!




I think I will be able to find a place for these in the collection, provided that I can find a suitable reliquary!


What a top man! In my experience there are lots of good people in this hobby, but Simon must be one of the best.


8 comments:

  1. A pleasure, Aaron. A tiny gesture of recognition for all the wonderful proofing you did for me! I hope the Tarantines work as well for you as they did for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You went above and beyond, Simon :) As for the Tarantines, they've been whispering tactics into me ear already!

      Delete
  2. Very handsome guest. I have added To the Strongest to my list of rules to check out - would it work well with the 1300-1500 period?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Michael. Head on over to BRB's blog [theres a link in my post] and ask him! I'm sure he'll have a few army lists for you to look at.

      Delete
    2. Hi Michael,

      Yes they run up to 1500; they include early handguns, for example, and cannon. Worth looking at

      http://bigredbat.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/TotheStrongest%21

      and the medieval army lists (So far) at
      http://bigredbatshop.co.uk/collections/all/products/medieval-lists

      Best, Simon

      Delete
  3. Wow! Simon never ceases to impress! The chits look great, and those 15mm Romans are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...