Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Baggage

These figures (foot are Essex, not sure about the mules) were generously sent my way by the strong right arm of Simon Miller (Bigredbat), putter-on of spectacular multiplayer ancients games, all round top bloke and author of To The Strongest!





I'm not usually one to muck around too much with bases, but I thought I would try to go a bit fancier than usual for these.

To help me in future, I'm including a little reminder of what I did.

1) Paint the figures!

2) Set some puddles using larger stones and apply a mix of fish tank sand and glue.




3) Next, paint sand with a mix of watery earth brown, followed by a drybrush.



4) Apply glue. Pour flock on...


5) Shake flock off.


6) Add a couple of foliage clumps and dribble Klear over the water holes.


This was a lot of fun to do. Thanks again, Simon!

11 comments:

  1. Your baggage elements work on the models look great to me - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I probably should have done the muddy bit under the hooves, but it's a bit late now! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice work on the basing, Aaron. Baggage trains and other such "non-combatants" definitely liven up the gaming table and scenario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think the same in my old age, Dean!

      Delete
  3. The mules are from Irregular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that makes sense. Thank you very much! Might have to look into getting a few more.

      Delete
  4. Excellent job, love the puddle of water!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...